Another New Year
“The object of a New Year is not that we should have yet another new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose, new feet, a new backbone, new ears and new eyes…. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards.”
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Fresh beginnings begin anew this week – IF you really and trulywant to start afresh. Are you giving annual lip service to those lofty New Year’s resolutions, or will this year finally be THE ONE that propels you to bigger, greater things? Face it… if you really andtrulywant to do better in 2019, CHANGES must be made. Big changes in what you do each and every day… even more importantly, how you think each and every day.
- Quit kidding yourself! Decide what you want 2019 to be like for your real estate business. If you’re okay with just a deal or two each year, that’s probably what you’ll do. Rarely does one exceed their expectations. Set goals with yourself first, not those you tell others to placate them. Rather than setting safe, “chicken” goals, however, how about raising the bar to several thousand dollars beyond what you now consider “a real stretch?” That extra stretch may ache at first, but that’s how you break out of those cushy comfort zones that stifle progress.
- Fall in love with your goals. Listen to elite athletes. They’re passionate about their goals, and get physically sick if they don’t attain them – they wanted them that badly. Make your goals essential to your daily living, not merely optional. Make them “must have” versus “hope to have.”
- Picture yourself already there! Visualization works. Ask any golfer or basketball guard – seeing the goal already accomplished (plunking into the hole, swishing through that basket) provides focus and minimizes stress. Winners are confident, not cocky. They take nothing for granted, but always do their utmost to achieve their objectives. They don’t rationalize them away.
- Wishing won’t do it. But working will! Once you’ve established your goals for 2019, meet with your coach or team leader. Share them. Modify them, if necessary, butraisethem, never lower them. You can then convert those higher money objectives into more daily activities – tinier, more manageable goals that will steadily get you where you want to wind up financially, socially, etc.
- Remember that success is a choice. It is not dependent on the local or national real estate market, or what competitors are doing. If you have clearly defined, measurable goals… and you really and trulybelieve in them, you’ll find a way around whatever obstacles befall you. Better yet, go throughthem!
- At your disposal are great training, great support and leadership – along with the most competitive marketing tools and systems in commercial real estate. Capitalize on all of them (your competition secretly wishes they had them).
- Remember Henry Ford’s famous mantra, “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right!”
Make 2019 your very best New Year ever!